New Delhi: Here in the land of Lord Ram there is a unique bank where money does not matter and all its 35,000 account holders get is peace of mind, faith and spirituality. Catching the attention of devotees and tourists visiting the newly constructed Ram temple is the ‘Shree Sitaram International Bank’.
A new idol of Lord Ram was consecrated at the grand temple in a consecration ceremony on January 22 led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Thousands of people watched the ‘pran pratishtha (consecration)’ ceremony on television in their homes and neighborhood temples, becoming part of the historic event held just months before the Lok Sabha elections.
Here are 10 fascinating facts about Ayodhya’s exclusive Shree Sitaram International Bank
1. Deposits in International Shree Sitaram Bank are booklets with “Sitaram” scrawled on all the pages.
2. The spiritual bank, established in November 1970 by Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, head of the Shri Ramjanmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra Trust.
3. International Shree Sitaram Bank has more than 35,000 account holders in India and abroad including the US, UK, Canada, Nepal, Fiji, UAE and other countries.
4. The bank has a collection of Rs 20,000 crore ‘Sitaram’ booklets of Lord Ram devotees.
5. According to Punit Ram Das Maharaj, director of the bank, the number of daily visitors to the bank increased after the consecration ceremony of the grand temple last month.
6. The bank provides free booklets and red pens to devotees and keeps track of each account. One has to write ‘Sitaram’ at least 5 lakh times to open an account in the bank and then a passbook is issued.
7. There are 136 branches of the bank all over India and even abroad. The account holders also mail the booklets to us and we maintain the ledger here,” Puneet Ram Das told PTI.
8. He said that visitors also question the benefits of writing Sitaram and depositing it in the bank. I tell you that the same way we visit the temples of gods and goddesses in search of inner peace, faith and virtue, in the same way, writing ‘Sitaram’ and depositing it in the bank is a form of prayer. Don’t we say that God has his own account of each person’s good and bad actions? This is something similar.
9. Devotees find solace and deep spiritual enrichment in writing, chanting and remembering the name of Lord Ram, he added.
10. Puneet Ram Das explained that it is believed that by writing the name 84 lakh times, one can achieve ‘Moksha’.