There is so much talk and writing about healthy foods that one can lose track of what to eat and what not to eat. But don’t worry, almost every day we bring you an expert guide on foods that cannot be missing from your diet. As such, today’s in-depth analysis is about the red fruit with a hard, leathery shell that has small pearls of red juice: grenades.
If you have ever been afraid of having grenades every day in your diet, here is an infallible guide to help you choose the best ones and understand why they should be part of your diet.
Why is pomegranate one of the best foods?
Pomegranate is often considered one of the best foods due to its numerous health benefits and a rich nutritional profile, said Sushma PS, chief dietitian, Jindal Naturecure Institute. “Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants, particularly polyphenols and anthocyanins. These compounds help neutralize free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress and inflammation,” said Sushma.
Pomegranates are a good source of essential nutrients, such as vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. “Pomegranates contain dietary fiber, which promotes digestive health supporting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation,” Sushma said.
Sushma mentioned that the anti-inflammatory effects of pomegranates can benefit various conditions related to inflammation, including arthritis and other inflammatory disorders. According to the dietician, there is evidence to suggest that grenade Consumption can have positive effects on memory and cognitive function, potentially reducing the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Pomegranates contain compounds with antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help boost the immune system and protect against infections. “Pomegranates are relatively low in calories and can be a satiating snack, making them a suitable choice for those looking to manage their health. weight” said Sushma.
Tips for buying and using
– Choose a ripe pomegranate – Look for one that is heavy for its size, meaning it is juicy and has smooth, mark-free skin, Sushma said.
– How to preserve pomegranates – Store them in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator to keep them fresher for longer.
– Easy way to get the seeds – Cut off the top, score the sides, and then open it under water to easily separate the seeds from the skin.
No waste with grenades
Sushma suggested these measures:
– Pomegranate tea: Prepare tea with dry skin for a healthy drink.
– Pomegranate vinegar: Use the skin and seeds to make a spicy vinegar for cooking.
– Pomegranate powder: Dry and grind the skin to obtain a powder that provides nutrition to foods and drinks.
Can I eat pomegranate every day?
Yes, eating it in moderation every day is good, said Sushma.
Will it affect my medications?
Always consult your doctor, especially if you take medications to lose weight. blood.
When will I see health benefits?
You may start to notice improvements within a few weeks, Sushma mentioned.
Can children drink pomegranate juice?
Yes, it is healthy for them in small quantities.
Are the benefits only for the body?
No, it’s also good for your mind because of the antioxidantsSushma said.